The Disability Awareness & Post School Expo ’15 is on today at the Sleeman Sports Centre, Theatre and Arena, Cnr. Old Cleveland Rd & Tilley Rd, Chandlers. We are honoured to say the Lord Mayor will be officially opening the Expo at 11am, so don’t be late, followed at 1pm Hon Coralee O’Rourke will be opening the Recognition Awards. Come and join us and gather information from Service providers who are there to provide helpful advise to improve wellbeing and social inclusion. Join in some of the Activities as well. Look forward to seeing you all there. More information here.
Service Providers Register
By Card or Paypal.
- Bio-factories: A new treatment for macular degeneration December 11, 2017This year's Florey Medal winner is Elizabeth Rakoczy, for pioneering work on macular degeneration.Dr Norman Swan
- Post-surgery antibiotics wrongly prescribed December 11, 2017Know what questions to ask your surgeon about antibiotics.Dr Norman Swan
- The pill and breast cancer risk December 11, 2017The New England Journal of Medicine has published a huge study of the risks of breast cancer in women using hormonal contraception.Dr Norman Swan
- Skipping breakfast and your fat cells December 11, 2017Does skipping breakfast help you to burn fat?Dr Norman Swan
- Controversial transvaginal mesh banned December 4, 2017The Therapeutic Goods Administration has banned the mesh's use in pelvic organ prolapse.Dr Norman Swan
- A new, more accurate cervical cancer screening program December 4, 2017But the test is carried out in the same way.Dr Norman Swan
- How do you stop older people from falling? December 4, 2017Falls can be extremely dangerous for older people — so what interventions work to stop them, or reduce how much injury they cause?Dr Norman Swan
- Low BMI, aging and brain shrinkage December 4, 2017It's known that high BMI at midlife is associated with increased dementia risk.Dr Norman Swan
- Nudge theory guiding you towards healthy choices November 27, 2017Nudge theory is a body of research which argues that positive reinforcement and indirect suggestion can influence human behaviour.Dr Norman Swan
- Age-related macular degeneration on the decline November 27, 2017A multi-generation analysis of age-related macular degeneration — an eye disease that causes vision loss — has shown it's in decline.Dr Norman Swan
- Bio-factories: A new treatment for macular degeneration December 11, 2017