The Disability Awareness & Post School Expo ’15 is on today at the Sleeman Sports Centre, Theatre and Arena, Cnr. Old Cleveland Rd & Tilley Rd, Chandlers. We are honoured to say the Lord Mayor will be officially opening the Expo at 11am, so don’t be late, followed at 1pm Hon Coralee O’Rourke will be opening the Recognition Awards. Come and join us and gather information from Service providers who are there to provide helpful advise to improve wellbeing and social inclusion. Join in some of the Activities as well. Look forward to seeing you all there. More information here.
Service Providers Register
By Card or Paypal.
- Influenza can increase your risk of a heart attack up to 10-fold February 19, 2018Flu hits the body hard. But hard enough to push someone into having a heart attack?Dr Norman Swan
- When a fear of needles stops you from seeing the doctor February 19, 2018Very few of us enjoy having injections, but for those with needle phobia it's more than feeling a bit uncomfortable at the thought of a jab.Dr Norman Swan
- Making risky medical procedures less risky February 19, 2018How do we improve the skills of our junior doctors, ensuring they're proficient in all the right areas and detecting when they aren't?Dr Norman Swan
- Research suggests a reason for the widespread benefits of exercise February 12, 2018New research has found vesicles — small protein-filled packages — are released by the body during exercise, allowing different organs and muscles to communicate with each other.Dr Norman Swan
- Dr Bawa-Garba: Who or what should be blamed when a medical tragedy occurs? February 12, 2018Doctors say the case reflects systemic failures at the hospital and in the broader healthcare system, and that it could have happened to any one of them.Dr Norman Swan
- Wind turbine syndrome: a communicated disease with Simon Chapman February 5, 2018The incidence of 'wind turbine syndrome' in countries that don't speak English is low, Simon Chapman says.Dr Norman Swan
- Managing chronic conditions: Evidence on value of self-management programs mixed February 5, 2018A study from Flinders University has looked at one such chronic condition self-management program, which has returned inconclusive results.Dr Norman Swan
- Heart rate holds clues to your future risk of dying and suffering a heart attack, stroke or heart failure February 5, 2018New research suggests measuring whether your heart rate goes up over time is a reliable indicator of your increasing risk of death or disease.Dr Norman Swan
- Publishing hospital complication rates to improve patient outcomes February 5, 2018One in nine patients who go into a hospital in Australia suffer a complication — ranging from the minor to the catastrophic.Dr Norman Swan
- Do-not-resuscitate tattoos: What's a doctor to do? January 29, 2018It's an extreme act — tattooing your desire not to be resuscitated onto your own body, in an effort to dissuade a doctor from bringing you back should you collapse or fall unconscious.Dr Norman Swan
- Influenza can increase your risk of a heart attack up to 10-fold February 19, 2018